Basics of Photoraphy
Basic Photography is a hands-on, practical course is for beginners who want take up photography as a profession or amateurs who have a Digital SLR camera but are unsure of how to progress from the automatic mode. You’ll be introduced to the basics of how aperture, shutter speed, ISO, lighting and composition control the creative Process of capturing images.
Course Duration: 9 Sessions / 3 weeks / 20 hours (6 indoors + 3 Fieldtrips + personal project)
4 Sessions per week
Mondays & Wednesdays from 6:00PM to 9:00PM
Fridays & Saturdays from 2:00PM to 5:00PM
(unless field trips will be decided with instructor.)
• Course Overview.
• Basic Functions of a Camera.
• Introduction to the Anatomy of the Camera.
• Evolution of Photography, How it works.
• Intro to Exposure Tringle.
• Shutter Speed.
• Aperture / F Stop.
• ISO Lesson.
• Depth of Field.
• Light Metering Modes and How to use them Effectively.
• Exposure compensation.
• White Balance.
• RAW vs. JPGs
• How to achieve a well-balanced photograph.
• Perspective, Angles and lenses.
• Rules (and when to break them).
• Field trip + Research assignment.
Lesson 6 & 7
• Workshop (field trip 2 hours).
• How to Select Pictures?
• Project discussion.
- A week Break to finish assignment.
• Project submission and final evaluation.
Having a DSLR is a must / Certificates & materials included.