- Highlight on portrait in Renaissance Art Era.
- Understanding how light behaves.
- Understanding your Camera and exposure settings.
- Chasing natural light.
- Tips for natural light portraits.
- Combining natural & artificial light.
- Rules of portrait composition.
- Types of studio light setup (Split light-Rembrandt light-Butterfly light-Key Light-Fill light-Kicker light)
- Light reflectors in natural & artificial light.
- Difference between Studio light modifiers.
- The best focal length and aperture in both natural and artificial light.
- Post production / retouching with Photoshop & Lightroom workflow.
- You will gain experience in directing your model/portrait subject.
- Critical positioning of lighting, and use of portrait studio equipment and techniques.
- Learn how to ‘read’ the light, beak it down and control it.
- Understand the difference between each type of light modifier, and the correct usage of a light reflector.
- Understand the best focal length to shoot a portrait.
- Learn to direct your model’s pose for pleasing results.
- Create portraits using natural light and artificial light both indoor and outdoor.
We’re going to tackle each point mentioned above, with the goal of helping you discover your personal style in portraiture, in addition to some tips n tricks on how to develop and work on them.
- Laptop, Photoshop & Lightroom.
- DSLR Camera + Lens
Intermediate / Advanced (Photography & Post-production)
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Rami Bittar obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in Mass Communications, specialising in Advertising and PR (MSA University). Rami studied photography academically but that wasn't enough for him. He started experimenting and taught himself a range of different skills and continues to learn something new every day. Rami worked in Egypt for 4 years in various different positions but neither of them was something he loved nor was he passionate about. He then moved to London 2 years ago, and is currently a Brand Executive. For the last two years, Rami has been present at every London Fashion Week event. Every year, Canon UK invite Rami to take exclusive Runway photos, from the photographers pit, of International brands where he has won 1st and 2nd 'Best Shot' competitions 2 years in a row. Rami continues to explore his talent through freelancing worldwide and doing what he loves the most...photography.